By the summer of 8th and 9th grade. I became determined to change my body. For myself, for the better, to live longer, and to get to varsity soccer. And that summer, I worked out, swam, danced everyday. I began to eat healthier (no diet, just more veggies, less fast food, etc). And when high school came, I lost weight, I lost 10 kgs. I was no longer overweight and was in the normal zone according to BMI (Body Mass Index).
Currently: I feel happier and more alive. And I started this blog to inspire others that its possible to lose weight, be more healthy and fit. Skinny is overrated. Fit is more like it.
To lose weight. You have to have one thing. Determination. Without so, you will go nowhere.
Now, here are my workouts tips and strategies.
1. Make a plan and don’t rush yourself into your goal weight. The faster you lose, the faster it is to gain it back. Losing weight takes patience. Lose weight the healthy way, not the pill/chemical way. And dont force yourself, treat yourself too.
2. Buy Seventeen and Women’s Health magazines, great workouts available. (Especially Seventeen, for summer, they give planned 6 week workouts that are def doable).
3. Check out getfitwithmaomi.tumblr.com
4. Eat healthy!
- veggies. like your moms said. finish them.
- carbohydrates: pick healthy ones such as oatmeal, brown bread.
- fats: fats are necessary. take your fats from fruits such as mangoes, melons, strawberries, etc.
- fastfood: guess what? these are food that will slowly digest in your body. take them when you know you deserve them.
5. Water is your best friend. Drink min 8 glasses a day.
6. Never skip out breakfast or any meal for that matter. Without calories, you will have no energy.
7. THINK POSITIVE
Thank you my fit fellow. hehe